We will never share, rent, or sell your personal data to others.
Our commitment is to keep your data safe and confidential. To comply with these obligations, we only store appropriate data. We use this information to deliver services, maintain your account and to communicate with you.
We follow these principles when building our add-ons
The information we collect?
Personal Information - We collect email address and full name from users through Google account and sign in services or directly in our app.
Account Information - We collect your account information such as plan, validity, history of subscriptions and renewals to the services provided by our products.
Log/Activity Data - We collect logs from our apps to help us investigate issues and improve. We collect activities done by user and performance measures like time taken to execute, throughput.
How we use the information?
To provide our services - We use your personal information such as email address to identify yourself and services accessible to you.
To support our services - We use your activity and log details to support our services by investigating, analysing, and resolving issues faced by you while accessing our products. This also helps us to monitor the outages, blockages or errors in the service and take remedial actions.
Communication with you - We use the information we collect, to contact you with information about new features/ releases, newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information. If you are interacting with us for any queries, we use your contact information to get back to you.
Keeping your data secure
We rely on the underlying cloud platform ie Google Cloud Platform to provide security to your information. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone.
We use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze information. We use methods to record usage analytics on our add-ons for quality-improvement purposes.
- Our Add-ons may request permission to access the full contents of a user’s Google Drive, these access rights are required to allow actions performed by the end user. The textual contents of users’ Drive files are NEVER transmitted to any 3rd party services outside of the user’s direct control or knowledge.
- All personally identifiable student data that users may keep in files associated with these add-ons remain in the complete control of those users (ie. stored in their Google Drive and processed entirely within Google’s server infrastructure). They are protected under Google’s log-in security model.
- We store no personally identifiable student information in any 3rd party database or file repository. In none of our Add-ons is there any transfer of student data into any system outside of Google Apps, nor is any data ever transmitted via any infrastructure other than Google's existing server software and secure web protocols. All operations on student data are carried out within and under the authority of the user's Google account.
The key messages for users of the Add-Ons are:
- If you are using Accounts Manager, Classroom Manager or Password Manager
- only those people who have administrator rights within the domain can use the add-on to retrieve and change data.
- Anyone with whom the user shares the spreadsheet will be able to see the data. They can make changes to the data in the spreadsheet but if they then try to run the update function, without having the necessary authorities, the update will fail.
- Nobody outside the user’s domain will ever get access to the user data through the add-on.
- If you are using Form Maker (or any of its variants)
- Access to data is restricted to the person who created the form and those people with whom they have directly shared access. The developers do not have access to change the form. Nor can they see any of the data submitted by the respondents
- If you are using SheetsIE/Drive Files Manager or Sheets Pages Manager
- Access to the data is restricted to the file owner and those people with whom they have shared access. The developers do not have access to data files.
Changes to the policy